Prince Killed by Fentanyl

Prince was found to be pumped with fentanyl, and his death was reported as an accidental overdose.

A toxicology report from Prince’s autopsy that was obtained by The Associated Press showed that he had an “exceedingly high” concentration of fentanyl in his body when he died.

The icon was found alone and unconscious in an elevator at his home at age 57 on April 21st, 2016. The cause of this was likely to be an accidental overdose of fentanyl, as the toxicology report gave a detailed account of how much fentanyl was found in his body.

The report shows that the concentration of fentanyl in Prince’s blood was 67.8 micrograms per litre, which is more than the average of three to 58 micrograms per litre in reported fatalities from the synthetic opioid. It also says that the level of fentanyl in the artist’s liver was 450 micrograms per kilogram and states that this amount “seems to represent overdose or fatal toxicity cases.”

<i>Prince Had Fentanyl in His Body When He Died</i>

Toxicology experts have come forth to explain that there is no exact “lethal level” nor “safe level” at which the opioid can be used and like most drugs, anyone can build up a tolerance to it.

Fentanyl is one of the most powerful opioids in medicine and is only ever prescribed to cancer patients to aid in relieving pain. The synthetic drug is a cause to the new wave of drug overdose deaths in the United States, and according to Australia’s Alcohol and Drug Foundation, it’s around 80 to 100 times stronger than morphine.

It has also been announced that to commemorate the second anniversary of the multi-talented artist’s death, a tribute fence will be put up inside Paisley Park. Prince’s home and studio will be adorned with messages from fans as well as archived artefacts from the estate.

Keep reading. Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope.

SPORT

Anthony Ierardi

DESIRABLES

Adrian Bortignon

VISION

Anthony Ierardi

PEOPLE, VISION

Anthony Ierardi

SPORT

Anthony Ierardi

SPORT

Anthony Ierardi